Geotechnical Driller Helper (Texas)
Beyond Engineering and Testing, LLC (Beyond) is an accredited and licensed Texas and New Mexico engineering firm that provides geotechnical and construction material engineering services, with offices located in Texas (Round Rock, Midland and Carrollton), and in New Mexico (Carlsbad).
Beyond has experienced significant growth and success in commercial, municipal and transportation projects, as well as supporting the growth in the oil and gas industries.
Beyond is currently seeking a motivated individual for a full-time position as a Geotechnical Driller’s Helper, who understands the value of working hard and delivering the highest quality of services to our clients, to join our team in Round Rock, TX.
Must understand & personify Beyond’s Core Beliefs / Values
- Client Satisfaction – Listen and understands to the clients to meet the goal of always exceeding our clients expectation
- Employee Happiness – able to work well with others. communicate clearly with coworkers, promote a positive work environment and mediate conflicts between team members.
- Quality Work – ability to take ownership, work independently, prioritize workload and deliver quality results on time and efficiently.
- Go Above and Beyond – versatility, flexibility, ability to anticipate the needs of the company, take the initiative and a willingness to go out of your way to assist others.
The Driller Helper will assist in mobilization/demobilization of drill rig and/or cone trucks for jobs, as directed. Assist driller in daily field/yard operations of rig. i.e. handling drill pipe, mixing drill mud and use of other equipment.
With much supervision and little decision-making:
- Observe and follow all company safety rules and procedures.
- Support and encourage continuous improvement of the company’s processes, including safety program and quality management system.
- Assist in the mobilization of drilling rigs and/or cone trucks for jobs as directed. Load drill pipe, mud and equipment.
- Assist driller in the operations of rig by handling drill pipe, mixing drill mud and handling casing and other equipment.
- Drive equipment to and from job location. Complete field assignments as directed.
- Familiar with and follow DOT and IFTA regulations.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Company safety rules and procedures.
- Assist in the cleaning of equipment after each job as directed and, as needed, clean equipment yard and perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform maintenance and cleaning of equipment and work area as directed.
- Work in varying weather conditions.
- Physical requirements include standing, squatting and heavy lifting over long periods during workday.
- Be able to travel extensively (required).
- Communicate tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Maintain effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Come to work regularly and on time.
- Execute work duties in an organized and efficient manner.
- Maintain organized and clean work area.
- Work well while under supervision.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Able to work while under stress.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least 18 years of age
- Legally Authorized to work in the United States, Without restrictions
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 0-1 year related experience preferred.
- Good mechanical and technical aptitude.
- Must have current driver’s license with record in accordance with Company and DOT policies.
- Ability and willingness to obtain a CDL.
- Must be equipment oriented and understand mechanics of drilling machinery.
- Must be in good physical condition, able to work in all weather conditions, and capable of wearing appropriate health and safety equipment.
- Be willing to travel extensively.
- Required to lift heavy equipment and materials, often in excess of 80lbs.
- Work in varying weather conditions.
BEYOND is committed to investing in talented employees because we recognize that healthy, happy employees provide the best path to sustaining a successful business. BEYOND offers competitive salaries and benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Competitive pay and bonus; 401K with matching,
- Paid Time Off and Holiday pay.
- Medical, vision and dental insurance coverage.
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance coverage.
- Tuition reimbursement for pre-approved education pursuits.
Individuals must be authorized to legally work in the U.S. Candidates and will go through background, driver’s license, and drug tests. To respond to any of our current open positions, please send your cover letter and resume to: Jobs@BeyondET.com. We look forward to hearing from you!